The Senior Reporting Analyst performs activities related to reporting services including but not limited to requirements gathering, report design/authoring, quality assurance and documenting artifacts related to the report development lifecycle. Utilizes strong business and technical knowledge to ensure the highest level of service and efficiency for the customer. Collaborates with University departments on complex reporting and research projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Business Analytics or related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in designing and authoring advanced reports/dashboards using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS/SSRS/PowerBI) or other current reporting tools is required.
• Three (3) years of experience writing complex queries using T-SQL/PL SQL is required.
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
• Robust understanding of relational databases and data warehousing best practices strongly preferred.
• Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of report related issues.
• Experience with prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple tasks simultaneously while adapting to change and managing multiple processes to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.