The Program Chair has oversight of faculty and faculty leadership within the College of Humanities and Sciences at the Arlington, VA Campus. This role is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategies around the faculty lifecycle and ensuring the quality and integrity of the instruction of the college's programs and other educational offerings. Collaborates with local campus stakeholders to build productive relationships with outside organizations.
• Doctorate degree in Humanities, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences (sociology, art, science, math, history, language, etc.) REQUIRED.
• Five (5) years of experience in a progressively responsible capacity in an education or business environment directing processes, procedures, and activities, as well as participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives and budgets.
• Three (3) years of experience of demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles/practices, curriculum development, and academic content area.
• Three (3) years of proven experience in teaching and/or administration at a regionally accredited college or University with adult education experience.
• Must remain a University of Phoenix faculty member in good standing within the designated college.
• Must demonstrate and maintain a record of research, scholarship, or achievement as defined by the school/college in the context of Boyer’s model.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with faculty, students, employees and external parties as it relates to the management of the respective campus and college programs.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Demonstrated a high level of conceptual and strategic thinking to establish budget, goals, and processes, utilize data and activities in conjunction with University standards and guidelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships/partnerships, ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over phone, email and in face-to-face appointments to accurately convey information and increase positive awareness of the University.
• Working knowledge of personal software packages to prepare correspondence, reports, as well as create and generate spreadsheets.
• Ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community.