The Manager of Editing plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that all goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsible for managing and leading direct reports through the editorial production of curriculum and/or internal communication materials to ensure projects are completed within established deadlines, as well as, meets company standards and expectations, while coaching and developing direct reports.
• Master’s Degree in appropriate discipline required
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferably in an education environment
• Proven knowledge in the areas of performing editing and desktop publishing activities in an education and/or business environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan and direct designated projects to ensure that all goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to instruct and direct others as their functions.
• Ability to relate to respective projects.
• Proven collaborative work habits.
• Ability to cope with conflicting points of view and demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, persuasiveness, and interpersonal savvy.
• Ability to proactively approach problem-solving.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Ability to participate in several projects simultaneously and produce results.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present projects to management and other external parties.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication and diplomacy with all levels of staff and leadership.
• High level of proficiency in personal software applications dealing with project management such as spreadsheets, budgeting, document management, and related tools.