Under general supervision, provides customer service assistance to students and third parties by responding to general and routine customer inquiries that may entail relaying college policies and procedural information; coordinating the procurement of various student documents; and disseminating information to others as appropriate.
1. Responds to and answers general and routine student inquiries via inbound phone calls and emails.
2. Relays accurate information about policies and procedures and/or student inquiries regarding academic records.
3. Resolves routine student service issues, encouraging callers to provide further information and when necessary, redirecting and/or escalating issues.
4. Places outbound calls to current students with relevant information regarding their program. Call content can pertain to welcome calls introducing student to the college; course encouragement calls to help with best study practices; calls after student exam attempts are made; and reminder calls about program deadlines.
5. Uses system, product, and industry knowledge to ensure the best possible student experience.
6. Provides technical support to students using the College’s websites and online testing engines including downloads, password issues, and basic navigation. Resolves first tier problems and escalates second tier problems to Adobe or CFFP IT Support. Records notes of incoming calls in STARS.
7. Processes credit cards for students paying fees and purchasing various products and services.
8. Maintains student database by entering accurate information.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) or more years of previous customer service or call center experience.
• Ability to handle a high volume of incoming calls, search the appropriate resources tools for correct and timely information, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills to assist customers.
• Have working knowledge of personal software packages and telephone equipment to perform general administrative functions, as well as answer, receive and respond to customer inquiries, as described above.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and activities in a timely and effective manner.