The Director of Alumni Engagement provides strategic leadership for the Alumni Engagement component of the Phoenix For Life program and represents the Alumni office externally to alumni and the community. The mission of the Career Services and Alumni Engagement department is to provide career growth partnership, connections and personal growth benefits to students and alumni for life.
The University of Phoenix offers students and alumni lifetime career growth partnership through the Phoenix For Life process. Career growth resources and services are embedded throughout the student experience and delivered both through online self-serve resources, as well as by student facing staff and faculty through offerings such as programming, curriculum integration, student services offerings, and career coaching. Additionally, students and alumni can utilize career planning resources, access employer contacts, apply for jobs, and connect with alumni for mentoring and job shadowing through our online careers platform PhoenixLink. Career activation does not end with the first job after graduation, however, but extends through life as the University continues to partner with our alumni by helping them determine what their next career step is, become qualified for it through lifelong learning, and connecting to it through university employer relationships and our large alumni network.
• Master's degree in related discipline
• Six years of experience in alumni relations with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
• Proven experience in obtaining and managing high level partnership relationships.
• Ability to obtain confidence and support of key university leaders
• Ability to provide staff leadership to support team/university goals and objectives
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, a motivated/enthusiastic work style.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff.
• Possess a dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written and oral communication skills.