The Senior Manager, Career Development provides innovative leadership, program development and administration of the career development component of the Phoenix For Life program. The mission of the Career Services and Alumni Engagement department is to provide career growth partnership, connections and personal growth benefits to students and alumni for life.
The University of Phoenix offers students and alumni lifetime career growth partnership through the Phoenix For Life process. Career growth resources and services are embedded throughout the student experience and delivered both through online self-serve resources, as well as by student facing staff and faculty through offerings such as programming, curriculum integration, student services offerings, and career coaching. Additionally, students and alumni can utilize career planning resources, access employer contacts, apply for jobs, and connect with alumni for mentoring and job shadowing through our online careers platform PhoenixLink. Career activation does not end with the first job after graduation, however, but extends through life as the University continues to partner with our alumni by helping them determine what their next career step is, become qualified for it through lifelong learning, and connecting to it through university employer relationships and our large alumni network.
• Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling or related field.
• Five years of experience in higher education or related field with experience in career development and career counseling.
• Strong skills in organization and communication.
• Knowledge of career development practice.
• Ability to obtain confidence and support of key university leaders.
• Ability to provide staff leadership to support team/university goals and objectives.