Under limited supervision and the web design guidelines and technology standards defined by University of Phoenix, the Sr. Web Designer provides a high level of technical expertise with the design and construction of web pages and/or sites using and incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques and tools.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of web design as typically obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of web design or in a related field. Must have sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify incumbent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of web design
• A thorough understanding of web-based technologies and an advanced knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other design-related applications is required. A significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the web design field is required
• Ability to use creativity to present complex information in a logical format to ease the user’s ability to access and understand information
• Experience with the supervision or direction of other web design staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers and department staff, as described above