The Operations Research Analyst is responsible for applying decision science technologies, analytical methods and tools to conduct advanced analysis for the management, planning, and optimization of University of Phoenix operations, strategies and student learning.
• Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Science or other management/quantitative discipline required
• Minimum of one year hands-on experience in mathematical/statistical model building for business operations management.
• Mathematical/statistical skills including regression analysis (linear, logistic, parametric), forecasting models, factor/component analysis, basic optimization, decision trees, segmentation and cluster analysis.
• Proficient in statistical programing tools, such as SAS, R, SPSS or Matlab programming.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and statistical modeling software, such as SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, R Studio, SPSS Modeler, or JMP
• Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers and department staff.
• Ability to follow verbal directions and instructions from the management to perform project work.