The Senior Director, Strategy & Insights, University of Phoenix (UOPX) leads the strategy and insights needs for the brand marketing team, the collective marketing organization and institution as a whole. The individual directs institution, fields of study, program, segment and location insights work to rationalize program/initiative strengths, fill gaps of marketing insights to shape go-to-market plans and strategic plan proposals, determine demand areas for marketing activation, assess/execute communication architecture approaches for strongest impact, and continuously track competitive landscape for opportunity areas and insights. The Senior Director, Strategy & Insights partners with internal and external stakeholders to deliver actionable plans and strategies rooted in consumer and market insights.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Marketing field required
• Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and executing consumer insights, custom and syndicated research work, ideally in a marketing organization.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Mix of consumer and B2B (business-to-business) marketing
• Strong knowledge of integrated marketing functional needs and ability to “think as a marketer”, with the strategic ability to design insights work to fill insights needs and deliver actionable insights/results
• Expert knowledge of consumer insights tools and methodology options
• High level of conceptual and strategic thinking to develop assessment tools and survey instruments
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to collaborate with internal and external parties to identify assessment needs and provide technical research advice and guidance
• Proven knowledge and experience in the areas of statistics and research methods required
• Proven experience managing assessment systems and projects
• Working knowledge of personal software packages to develop assessment tools and survey instruments, prepare correspondence, as well as create and generate spreadsheets and reports
• Proven experience in a progressively responsible capacity leading and/or acting as a resource to department staff as it relates to projects, processes, and activities